Address: Cara Uroša 18, Belgrade, Serbia. Foodscale Hub.
Telephone: +381 21 303 00 80
On Behalf of the Ploutos project team, I would like to invite you to take part in the FoodSHare. Before you decide to take part, you need to understand what the project objective is, and what your potential contribution could be, considering your experience and knowledge in the topic of the project.
The EU-funded Ploutos project is a European-wide (33 partners in EU and non-EU countries) innovation action, that focuses on rebalancing the value chain for the agri-food system, transforming it into one that works for the benefit of society and the environment. In the context of the project, 11 large scale Sustainable Innovation Pilots (SIPs) will be launched, where using a Multi-Actor Approach new innovative solutions and methodologies will be implemented, tested, assessed and derive practical lessons learned.
The 11 pilots cover a large range of agri-food ecosystems, across 13 countries:
1. Supporting a frozen fruit value chain with small farmers, to optimise production, reduce environmental footprint and re-use the data for certification and subsidies.
2. Better food-chain contracts for improved durum wheat production.
3. Empowering consumers through crowdsourcing to take back control over their food and create healthy, sustainable, fair trade products.
4. Traceability solutions covering the horticulture greenhouses value chain to improve operations, sustainability performance and brand recognition.
5. Smart Farming on rural farms demonstrating its benefit in the wider agri-food community and co-creating new food products and services.
6. Applying soil-passport approach rewarding landowners/users and a precision farming solution to increase soil health and sustainability.
7. Supporting wine producers in taking advantage of the changes in labelling regulations and enhancing their sustainability performance.
8. Carbon Farming: compensating farmers for climate friendly soil management.
9. Facilitating the transfer of surplus food from farms to socially disadvantaged groups, by aligning logistics and processes.
10. Increase sustainability in the grapevine sector by introducing payments for ecosystem services provision and parametric insurance to support losses from sustainable approaches.
11. Improving the sustainability of Balearics agri-food chains with Smart Farming and by using the collected info to organise agritourism activities.
More specific information about the Ploutos project can be found here.
You have been invited to participate in this study because a Ploutos partner nominated you as a valuable stakeholder in the agri-food value chain with significant expertise and/or interest in innovation and sustainability. Your insights and knowledge are valuable and can help to better understand how to develop a Sustainable Innovation Framework which will be tested in the specific pilot experiences. This will help us all reach a better understanding of how successful sustainable innovation can take place through multi-actor collaboration.
The main purpose of this invitation is that you participate in the “Ploutos Open Days” foreseen in the project. They will be 3-day events, linked to the SIPs, where multidisciplinary panels with representatives from Farmers/farmers associations, the Agri - food Industry, Agri Start-ups, Policy/Decision makers, the Scientific Community, Technology & Service providers as well as General Public and Consumers associations representatives, will learn from the evidence, get hands-on experience of SIP’s activities and results, but also will be able to voice their own views and experiences and exchange views, in order to make informed judgements about how to address the concerns and bottlenecks present in the Agri-food value chains. Ploutos Opens days, will take place at the SIP’s locations twice in the project duration. The activities are planned to be in person, although a telematic channel will also be made available. By taking part in these activities, you will be able to obtain first-hand information about the demonstration pilots that will take place throughout the Project.
Your participation will help us to better understand the process of sustainable innovation in the agri-food value chain and use this understanding to influence the policy-making process with the aim to improve the legislative and institutional environment for sustainable innovation in the future, both nationally and at EU policy level. In addition, the Ploutos project will produce –based on the pilot experiences and stakeholders’ input- a number of detailed hands-on ‘how-to’ guides for fostering the process of sustainable innovation and learning for the interested prospective partners. Moreover, the findings of the study will be presented nationally and internationally, thus making sure that the knowledge and expertise of the participants will be useful to others. As a participating stakeholder, you will have access to this public information, before any other interested entity.
Participation in this study is on the clear understanding that your participation is voluntary and can be withdrawn at any time. A consent form accompanies this participant information sheet. You are required to sign a copy of the consent form should you agree to participate in this study and to return it to me. Thank you for considering taking part in this study. If you have any questions about this study, or should you have any query about your role or rights as a research participant, or would like to register a complaint about this study, please feel free to contact me.In line with the EU GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) policy, stakeholders and participants will retain the right to withdraw any information already provided from the analysis, the right to view their personal data and inquire about their use, right to obtain a portable copy of the stored data and the right to request the erasure of their data. Any data provided will be used solely for the purposes of the Ploutos project, destroyed within 1 year after completion and will not be subject to any form of marketing.
Participation in this study is on the clear understanding that your participation is voluntary and can be withdrawn at any time.
A consent form accompanies this participant information sheet. You are required to sign a copy of the consent form should you agree to participate in this study and to return it to me. Thank you for considering taking part in this study.
If you have any questions about this study, or should you have any query about your role or rights as a research participant, or would like to register a complaint about this study, please feel free to contact me.
Maja Žikić – Growth Lead, Foodscale Hub